There really aren’t words to describe how excited I am to have these two precious people come visit, so I won’t even try.
I will say that I recognize the challenges it takes to get them here…
- It’s expensive. Hello, summer travel ain’t no joke!
- Stephanie’s a wife and mom and she’s sacrificing two weeks of her life to spend with us… the logistics of that are confounding and I do not take that for granted!
- They just PCS from Texas to a new duty station a couple of weeks ago. WEEKS. Not months.
- Flying over the ocean isn’t fun for anyone. If you haven’t done it before, I’ll remove the allure… the magic of getting from one continent to another is just as amazing the 5th time you’ve done it as it is the first, but actually being on the plane while getting there is less amazing.
- Stephanie and Hannah are about to live for two weeks in a house with three teenage boys… they only have one teenage boy in their own house. Could. Be. Interesting.
With all of that said, you will not hear from me on this blog for at least two weeks. I’ll be sure to update after they’ve headed back across the ocean but until then, you will be lucky to catch me on Facebook. I am overwhelmed with the anticipation of sitting and talking with my friend, watching our teens reconnect, and showing them around this amazing country. We have almost exactly six months of chatting to catch up on.