Today was a good day of moving-prep. Last minute things have to be done before the movers arrive first thing tomorrow morning. On today’s agenda was:
- wash all the clothes in the house;
- sort all the clothes in the house; (things I never do since I usually make the boys wash their own… now I see why lots of other moms fuss about doing laundry… and I wonder why those moms don’t make their kids learn this skill)
- set aside the clothes we want to have with us during the next 2+ months while our household goods are shipped from Germany to South Carolina;
- scan the entire house for things that we don’t want the movers to pack, such as 22ov appliances, towels and wash cloths to use over the next month;
- sort the toys in Parker’s room and put all the pieces in zip-lock bags that I don’t want lost;
- put the contents of each drawer in zip lock bags so that when I unpack I can easily put those bags in the appropriate drawers;
- each of us went for a six mile run;
- three meals;
- four kids’ naps;
- clean Bailey’s room to make sure it was move-ready;
- remove all the books from the cheapo book shelf we purchased to get us through our time here… then watch as Matt dragged it outside all by himself… my hero!
- get to bed by 8:00. New goal…
That last one is going to be interesting… I only have 17 minutes and I’m not sure it’s going to happen.
Here are two pictures to show you a bit about what my house looks like right now:
The movers come bright and early! I’ll let you know tomorrow how the day goes!