Yesterday I told you about how much I love my job.  I also mentioned that I wanted to give my boys a treat this morning… something they ask for frequently and my answer is almost always “No.”

My mom helped me remember this as I read a FB message from her while I was having my coffee.  She wrote, “I hope the boys enjoy their hot chocolate this morning.”  Shew.  I was glad she reminded me!

I immediately got up and set three mugs out on the table so that when they woke up they’d be surprised.

Today, after I spent some time working on Italy-prep, we loaded our van and started on one of the busiest days we’ve had.

I’m very thankful that most of my days are spent at home, because Thursdays wear me out.  I am happy to say that I got everything done that was on my To-Do list, but I’m ready for bed.

To give you a taste of my day, and these things are actually ON my calendar for today, I’ve put my schedule below:

  • 8:00-11:00 – Italy prep and writing.  (Me time.  I am enjoying this whole “summer break” as I get to do stuff for me for fun!)
  • 8:00 – Call D and ask about when we can meet to swap stuff.
  • 10:00 – Email Assisi hostel and confirm reservations
  • 11:00 – Lunch
  • 11:15 – Gather library books
  • 11:30 – Stop by Hainerburg Chapel to reserve facility for Carson’s piano recital
  • 11:45 – Shoe shopping for boys.  (PX had nothing)
  • 12:00 – Drop off items at Thrift Store
  • 12:20 – Buy printer paper at Power Zone
  • 12:40 – Drop off van for oil change.  (We were really smart and left Matt’s Durango there before he went TDY.  This left me a vehicle waiting for me to swap into while the van was being worked on.)
  • 1:00 – Stop at Shoe Center to see if they have shoes (SCORE)
  • 1:30 – Let boys kill some time and burn some energy off at the soccer field before PE.
  • 2:00 – PE
  • 3:15 – Drop off items at DFAC
  • 3:30 – Check mail (ship three packages, pick up five)
  • 4:00 – drop off library books
  • 4:00 – Carson check for lost coat at Tony Bass Gym
  • 4:15 – Pick up medicine at clinic
  • 4:30 – Go back to Mainz-Kastel to get van
  • 5:00 – Go back to WAAF for soccer
  • 6:45 – Go to D’s house for swapping things
  • 7:00 – Arrive home, very thankful that the boys can cook themselves dinner.
  • 8:00 – Call USAA and let them know about our upcoming travel plans.

I had packed two coolers of food.  A full loaf of bread, peanut butter, jelly, apples, bananas, avocado (for me), and waters.  We ate sandwiches off and on all day and even made one for a friend at PE who was starving.  They had eaten an early lunch so I knew we’d never make it until after soccer to eat again.  I was really glad I had a full pantry with me in the car today!

Yep.  I’m tired.  Now I can go to bed grateful that tomorrow’s schedule is not nearly as packed!

(Oh, one last thing… today was my day off of exercise.  I think I’m more tired now than I am on days I work out extra hard!)

About Jennifer

"Yes, they're all mine." The answer to the question I hear most often.
This entry was posted in brothers/boys, family, homeschooling. Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to Thursdays…

  1. Jean says:

    Jenny, you are priceless I can’t believe you do all that in one day ,You amaze me. I love you guys & we can’t wait to see you & grab you & give you a big hug

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s